Social Media Club brings together journalists, publishers, communications professionals, artists, amateur media creators, citizen journalists, teachers, students, tool makers, and other interested collaborators. Essentially the people who create and consume media who have an interest in seeing the ‘media industry’ evolve for everyone’s benefit. #SMCNash puts on events for the community. If you are interested in getting involved, check them out @SMCNash, Facebook, Website! The Next Event they are putting on is: Take your Basecamp to the Next level with DashCamp. Tianna Calcagno and her company Modify will be giving a tutorial on DashStack, the interactive Basecamp dashboard that works for you, it will also be integrated with Google Apps! For More information on this event check that out here.
No Bullshit Social Media is a loud, brash response to the “social media purists and hippies” who believe social media is not about selling. Anyone who wants to use social media in the business world needs to understand that it has to have a positive ROI, or our clients and our bosses will refuse to consider it. Erik Deckers will speak about some of the stories and case studies that he and Jason Falls collected to create a book that’s helping business owners and executives launch their own successful social media campaigns.
Erik Deckers talked about the book he co-authored with Jason Falls, “No Bullshit Social Media: The all business, no hype guide to Social Media Marketing.” You can find this online or at your local Barnes and Noble! @edeckers
Below are some of the great take aways I got from the event! Enjoy!
“What the Purists or Hippies say about social media: you must be human, you must engage, you must join the conversation.” This book is from the business standpoint.
“Purists say you can’t sell on social media, well we say “BS”, you can!”
“What the purists don’t say: how to use it strategically and identify specific, actionable goals.”
“A question most social media marketers get is, How can I measure the ROI? Well I can’t tell you a number, but I will be able to after we implement it and show and tell you through analytics.”
7 Business Drivers of Social Media Marketing:
- Enhance branding/marketing: create awareness, engage and communicate in real time with your audience
- Protect your reputation (crisis communication): Stay on top of what others are saying about you, through SM Monitoring. Be sure to respond, don’t just listen. “It takes years to build a reputation and 5 mins to destroy it.” Use services like Radian6, Raven, Google Alerts, Etc.
- Enhance PR: SM can spread your PR virally, content can be reshared, and talked about.
- Build Community: through advocates and those interested in your business
- Improve Customer Service: Enhance your CS with SM, don’t be like United Airlines. Don’t ignore what people are saying about your brand.
- Aid Research & Development: See what your audience is saying and what they want.
- Grow Sales & Leads: Foursquare Check-Ins Specials, Brand pages, Etc.
What about SM ROI?
- Customer Satisfaction Scores
- New Product Ideas
- Higher Search Engine Results
- Faster Response Times
- More Subscribers
- Higher Retention Rate
- More Online Media Coverage
- Lower-Cost Per Lead
- Lower Call Center Costs
- Website Traffic
- Faster Response Times
SM is about being social….it’s about relationships. People buy because of recommendation and rely on what others are saying. Empower your Audience through Social Media, it’s free publicity and marketing. Search through content in SM and answer questions about your industry, be a Social Business. If people can rely on you for answers, they will come to you for content. Stay updated on the Social Media Landscape! Follow @ash_nicholson, @AEN_Consulting and Like my Page on Facebook.
If you are looking to integrate Social Media into your Marketing Strategy, look no further! If you are interested in getting your business set up with Social Media Services, Contact me at: follow @ins2connect